Table of Contents
Lerner College continues to provide Microsoft Imagine (formerly DreamSpark) access to any student enrolled in a class within the Business College. The Microsoft Imagine is an initiative to provide students with software design, operating systems, and development tools at no charge.
Enrollment in Microsoft Imagine provides students access to the newest and most widely used Microsoft software being utilized in businesses, research institutions, and academia worldwide. Instructors can be confident that they can teach curriculum integrating in and utilizing the latest Microsoft technologies. Students can be challenged to create and innovate at the forefront of technology.
Popular Products used in Lerner College courses are
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Project 2013
- Microsoft Visio
In order to be eligible for a Microsoft Imagine account, a student must be in a participating class, and their instructor must make a request to generate an account.
Using Microsoft Imagine (Students)
Please talk to your instructors about enrolling your class in Microsoft Imagine. You must be currently enrolled in a course within the Lerner College of Business & Economics to be eligible.
If your instructor has enrolled you in Microsoft Imagine, check your Inbox for an e-mail from kivuto.com. If it does not arrive in your inbox, please check your spam or junk mail folders.
If you did not receive an email from kivuto.com, please let your instructor know.
Completing your Microsoft Imagine Registration
When a student account is created by the TechDeck, the student will receive a confirmation email.
Click the link in the confirmation email to complete account registration.
This is normally as simple as creating a memorable password and updating graduation term.
Logging in to Microsoft Imagine
Log in with the username and password you created at registration. Be sure to include the ‘@udel.edu’ in your username.
Obtaining software through Microsoft Imagine
The Microsoft Imagine interface is much like any other webstore. Simply search for the product you are looking for, and select the result that best suits your needs.
Add the item to your cart.
Accept the Terms and Conditions
While this will prompt you to confirm your payment, the payment for all software provided by the University should be $0.00
When prompted, click "Download Your Software"
A list of software 'purchased' during the order will be shown. Underneath each listing, there should be a link that says “Download,” which should be clicked.
The installer for the software will download. You may be prompted for a save location or permissions depending on your web browser settings.
How to Add Students
Contact Lerner IT
To enroll your students in Microsoft Imagine please submit your course roster via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information in your email:
- Course name and number
- Faculty/Instructor name
- Roster to include a list of student usernames or UD email addresses
Lerner IT will enroll students in the Microsoft Imagine WebStore and notify you of their initial enrollment.
Late Student Additions: Additional students can be added after the late drop/add date for the semester. Please send updated student information to email@example.com
Once your request has been submitted, Faculty, please communicate this important account information to your class:
- Students will receive an email directly from the Microsoft Imagine WebStore prompting them to setup a Microsoft Imagine account.
- This email will be sent to their @UDEL.EDU email accounts. This is required to validate their academic credentials and participation in the program.
- The sender of the email will be firstname.lastname@example.org. This sometimes gets caught by spam filters – so please ask students to check their spam folders and carefully review their emails before deleting messages.
- University of Delaware – Alfred Lerner College of Business & Economics – Microsoft Imagine will be identified in the signature of the email.
- Expiration: Accounts will expire after 24 months.
- Extended Access Guarantee (24 months) is included for most products. This provides 24 months of access to your download and/or key. This does not extend the duration of time-limited licenses (if applicable).