Install & Connect to the UD VPN
- Download the AnyConnect VPN client software from Udeploy by clicking the link below:
- After installation is completed, you will now see "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" listed in your programs under the Cisco folder.
- Click to open the program.
- The Windows, Macintosh, and Linux versions available from UDeploy are usually already configured with the University's VPN server address. If it is not filled in, you can enter
- Click Connect.
- When prompted, log in to the UDEL-VPN group.
- While you are running the Cisco AnyConnect client software, all network connections to UD proceed through a secure "tunnel," giving you secure access to UD resources from off campus or from unsecured wireless networks. Your other network activities (e.g., using a web browser to view a non-UD website) are unaffected.
For more detailed instructions, please review the instructions on our dedicated page for the VPN.
- From the Start Menu, Open Remote Desktop Connection
- Enter your desktop's IP address
- When prompted for credentials enter:
- Accept the security notifcation
- You should now be logged in and see your desktop
Mac OS X
- Install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Mac App Store
- Open the Application
- Choose Preferences
- At the Gateway Tab press the [+] Icon and enter the following information
- Use your UD Username and UD Password. Use the WIN\ Prefix before your UD Username
- Close the Preferences Window
- Choose New and enter the following information
- Connection Name: My Remote Desktop
- PC Name: Your Desktop's IP Address
- Gateway ACCESS-CRC
- Username: UD Username. Use the WIN\ Prefix before your UD Username
- Password: UD Password
- Close the Window
- DoubleClick on ACCESS-CRC
- When you receive the following information choose Continue
- You will now be logged into the Windows Desktop Session